- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
The VideoMic with Rycote Lyre Suspension System from Rode is a shotgun microphone that can easily be mounted on a DSLR camera. It features a Rycote suspension system that attaches to the camera’s shoe. The VideoMic is lightweight, and when mounted on a camera it does not appear in the frame. The VideoMic can also mount to Rode’s boompoles for elevated audio capture. Its supercardioid polar pattern attenuates sounds from the sides. The result is a signal that sounds closer to the camera, even when shooting in noisy environments or at moderate distances.
The included Rycote Lyre is a non-elasticated suspension structure composed of a hard-wearing thermoplastic. It is more effective at acoustically decoupling microphones from unwanted vibrations, handling and cable-borne noise than elasticated suspensions. The lyre remains effective at a wide range of temperatures and is virtually indestructible. It will never wear out, sag, snap or require any rethreading to maintain its effectiveness.
An attached, coiled cable terminates to a 1/8″ (3.5mm) mini output connection. The VideoMic features a condenser element that utilizes a standard 9V battery (sold separately). The microphone will run for approximately 100 hours on a single battery.
- Barrel-Canceling Pickup
- The Rode Video Mic functions as a true line+gradient microphone with a supercardioid pattern in the front and a barrel that cancels side audio. The result is maximum pickup of the source in highly ambient and noisy environments.
- Selectable 10 or 20 dB Pad
- When capturing audio in loud environments, the VideoMic offers built-in attenuation. The selectable 10 or 20 dB pad lessens the microphone’s sensitivity, allowing it to handle higher SPL levels without sacrificing clarity.
- High-Pass Filter Switch
- A high-pass filter switch eliminates room ambiance and noise below 80 Hz. This results in improved intelligibility while recording around machinery, wind or close proximities.
- Internal Power
- The condenser element is powered with a standard 9V battery for up to 100 hours (approximately).
Sony A7III0 out of 5
$150.00 / Day $100.00 per extra Day
Nikon D3200 w/ 18-55mm Lens Kit0 out of 5
$50.00 / Day $35.00 per extra Day $0.00 /
RODE VideoMic Go0 out of 5
$15.00 / Day $10.00 per extra Day
Canon EOS 5D Mark III0 out of 5
$145.00 / Day $95.00 per extra Day
DJI RONIN-M Camera Stabilizer0 out of 5
$50.00 / Day $32.00 per extra
Tiffen 82mm Circular Polarizing Filter0 out of 5
$8.00 / Day $6.00 per extra Day
Sennheiser EW 100-ENG G3 Wireless Lavalier Mic0 out of 5
$25.00 / Day $16.00 per extra Day
Canon EOS Rebel T2i w/ EF-S 18-55mm IS Lens0 out of 5
$55.00 / Day $35.00 per extra Day
Canon EOS 60D0 out of 5
$65.00 / Day $42.00 per extra Day
Canon EOS 7D Body0 out of 5
$60.00 / Day $40.00 per extra Day